City of Thunder Bay Logo

1992-01-16

One of the few images of the newly modernized Central Station in Fort William, this photograph from the 1940s shows both the station and the Department’s new 1941 two-ton Chevrolet hose truck, which included a Bickle booster pump and a water tank. At the far right of the photo is Harold Lockwood, who would become Chief in the 1950s, and Chief E.H. Dean. (Information by E.J. Gilbert).

City of Thunder Bay Archives Series Number: 128
Accession Number: 1991-01#16