Skip Navigation
 
City Government

News Releases

< Back to Calendar
Cause of McGregor Avenue Fire Was Electrical
Date: February 7, 2018
Time: 3:57 PM
Email Event

February 7, 2018 –The cause of yesterday’s fire to a McGregor Avenue home is suspected to be electrical and is not considered suspicious. The fire caused significant damage to the attic of the home. 

Thunder Bay Fire Rescue responded to the home just before 4 pm Tuesday afternoon. On arrival, firefighters encountered flames coming through the roof of the home. Firefighters battled the fire from both inside and outside the two storey structure. There were no injuries and the fire was contained to the attic of the home. 

Thunder Bay Fire Rescue reminds residents that only working smoke and CO alarms save lives. Smoke alarms are required on every level of your home and outside all sleeping areas. CO alarms are required outside all sleeping areas if your home has a fuel fired appliance, a fireplace, or an attached garage. For more information residents are encouraged to visit www.thunderbay.ca/fire. 

- 30 -

Contact: Anthony Stokaluk, Public Education Officer – Thunder Bay Fire Rescue, 625-2802, cell 631-7033 or astokaluk@thunderbay.ca