The new Water Works By-law requires that only certified testers can test and inspect backflow prevention devices.
A certified tester is one who holds:
- A valid and current Certificate of Achievement in Cross Connection Control endorsed by Ontario Water Works Association (OWWA);
- A current calibration certificate (with traceability to the National Institute for Standardization Technology (N.I.S.T.) for the test equipment to be employed.
Contractors with Certified Backflow Prevention Device Testers
- A+ Plumbing & Heating
- Aqua North Plumbing & Heating
- A. Villeneuve Mechanical Ltd.
- Caledon Creek Mechanical Ltd.
- Clow Darling Limited
- Comstock Canada Ltd.
- Craig Plumbing Centre
- P.J's Plumbing
- Proactive Water Solutions
- Robert's Plumbing & Sheet Metal Co.
- Thermal Mechanical Systems Inc.
- Venshore Mechanical Ltd