Skip Navigation


Children with Balloons


The Recreation & Culture Division manages several community events including Winterfest, Kite Festival, Summer in the Parks, Canada Day at Marina Park, Movie Nights in the Park, Superior Youth Festival and Teddy Bears' Picnic. Find out more about the Summer Special Events. more


If you are planning an event such as a festival, local tournament or championship and require information about City Services, resources, equipment or facilities, call the Special Events Developer in the Recreation & Culture Division. The Special Events Developer acts as a central point of contact for event organizers and will provide consulting assistance. An Event Planning Guide is also available to event organizers. This guide covers event planning from start to finish including Board structure, marketing, physical requirements and evaluation. The Event Development Grant is also available to inaugural tournaments and festivals as well as championships.

Recreation & Culture Division


Victoriaville Civic Centre 

1st Floor, 111 Syndicate Ave S 

Thunder Bay ON P7E 6S4  

Tel: (807) 625-2351 

meetings, conferences and conventions

If you are planning a Meeting, Conference or Convention through Tourism Thunder Bay and/or a Thunder Bay Convention Hotel, you can apply for the Incentive and Rebate Program.  Request must be made at least 4 months prior to the event through Tourism Thunder Bay.  Contact Rose Marie Tarnowski – Convention & Visitor Services Coordinator at (807) 625-2564 to apply and for more information.

information bags and pins

If you are planning an event such as a tournament, convention/conference or reunion that will bring visitors or delegates to the City, Tourism Thunder Bay will provide an Information Bag complete with a city pin to welcome your delegates. Register well in advance of your event. You can have your event listed on the City's Event Calendar

Tourism Thunder Bay

Mailing Address:

City of Thunder Bay - Tourism Division

P.O. Box 800 

Thunder Bay ON P7C 5K4 

Office Location: Whalen Building, Suite 701

34 N. Cumberland St.

Thunder Bay, ON  P7A 4L4

Tel: (807) 625-2564 

Alcohol at events

Social functions involving the use of alcohol may be held in designated facilities, parks and opens spaces that are outlined in the Municipal Alcohol Policy and meet the criteria for a Special Occasion Permit. All events on City property must follow the policies and procedures outlined in the Municipal Alcohol Policy (M.A.P.) available from the Community Services Department.

Community Services Department


Victoriaville Civic Centre

1st Floor, 111 Syndicate Ave S

Thunder Bay ON P7E 6S4 

Tel: (807) 625-2351 

See also Official Greetings