Skip Navigation
 
Living

The Ladies Auxiliary of Dawson Court

Ladies Auxiliary of Dawson Court - Good Citizen Award 2013The Ladies Auxiliary of Dawson Court has been in existence since Dawson Court first opened in 1957. The Auxiliary mandate is to provide the extras for the Residents and over the years they have contributed thousands of dollars from raffles, yard sales and 50/50 draws, making Dawson a true home for their Residents. Some workers have served on the Auxiliary 25 and 30 years respectively. Most of the members have committed at least 10 years to the Auxiliary. The group of twelve members meets monthly and works with the Life Enrichment Department to make the lives of the Residents memorable. This group brings the community into Dawson Court through Volunteerism. The Ladies Auxiliary runs the Tuck Shop, holds a monthly bingo, Resident Christmas tea and provides a gift from Santa to all the Residents.  They also make trays of food for Memorial Services at the home. The Auxiliary help to sponsor and cook for outings to the HAGI camp. This group purchased equipment, furniture and personal items for the Residents. This group has attracted new members and has found new ways of fundraising. The Auxiliary of Dawson Court is well deserving of this award.