Skip Navigation
 
Living

James Whalen Tug

Kaministiquia Riverfront Heritage Park (access off Simpson Street)
Year Built: 1906

At 180 feet in length and 950 horsepower, the James Whalen Tug was built to tow heavy steamers and break ice 40 inches thick.  Source of the first marine wireless message ever sent from the Lakehead, today she is a permanently moored feature of the Kaministiquia Riverfront Heritage Park.

James Whalen Tug

 

Next Property: Masonic Hall