Skip Navigation
 
Living

Masonic Hall

262-270 Red River Road
Constructed: 1910
Architect: Marshall B. Aylsworth

Known as Shuniah Lodge, this stone, brick and concrete building replaced the old Masonic temple that was destroyed by fire in 1909.  The first floor is made of cut stone, and the entrance features carved marble pilasters and decorative panels.  Originally there was a dome on the roof over the entrance, which has since been removed.  The central portion of the building has a Mansard roof of French design.  The building's windows are decorated with alternating round and triangular pediments above them.  Commercial space occupies the ground floor, while the lodge is located above.

Masonic Hall

 

Next Property: City of Thunder Bay Archives