Skip Navigation
 
Living

First Baptist Church

308 Red River Road
Constructed: 1908
Architect: R. Coffey

This church features detailing in the Late Gothic Revival style in use from the 1890s to the 1940s. The pointed-arched windows, steeply sloping gables, and the buttresses along the corners are all typical elements of the style.  Simpson Island (Nipigon) stone is used for the foundation and the caps for buttresses, with brick used for the remainder. There is a large arched window facing Algoma Street, composed of a rosette and five lancets. Some of the original windows have been bricked over.

First Baptist Church

 

Next Property: Wilkie House/Virgil School of Music