Skip Navigation
 
Living

Saint Andrew's Roman Catholic Church

294 Red River Road
Constructed: 1924
Architect: G. Emile Tanguay

This church is based on the Romanesque style of architecture, common from the 1880s to 1930s. The Roman influences can be seen in the round arched windows, stepped buttresses, and simple rectangular floor plan.  A central tower with a pyramidal roof rises 117 feet and is topped with a cross. This is the third church named after St. Andrew to be constructed in the city. Renovations in 1940 and 1969 have altered the interior, but the exterior remains untouched.

Saint Andrew's Roman Catholic Church

 

Next Property: First Baptist Church