Skip Navigation
 
Living

Trinity United Church

30 Algoma Street South
Constructed: 1906
Architects: Langley and Langley

This building was formerly known as the Trinity Methodist Church, and became the Trinity United Church after the United Church of Canada was formed in 1925. Constructed of rough cut stone, this structure is an example of the Late Gothic Revival style that was popular from the 1890s to the 1940s. The unusual tower features very narrow windows, four buttresses capped with pyramid-shaped finials, and an extremely sharp hexagonal spire. The building also features very steeply pitched roofs, and arched windows in the Gothic style.

Trinity United Church

 

Next Property: Central School/Magnus Theatre