Skip Navigation

Wilkie House/Virgil School of Music

337 Van Norman Street
Constructed: 1906
Architect: Marshall B. Aylsworth

Originally the home of Martha Chinook Wells Wilkie, the house was formerly called "The Port Arthur Conservatory of Music." Miss Wilkie was a music teacher, principal and home owner. Built in the Tudor Revival style common from the 1900s to the 1940s, the home has a stone first floor, and a second storey built of stucco panels divided by beams. As a conservatory, it was affiliated with the Toronto Conservatory of Music.

Wilkie House Virgil School of Music


Next Property: Waverley Park