Skip Navigation
 
Living

Arlington Apartments

230 Brodie Street North
Constructed: 1913
Architect: R.E. Mason

Built in 1913 by Charles Jenkins to R.E. Mason's architectural design, Arlington Apartments was the first apartment building at the Lakehead. Originally the mahogany- and oak-finished suites of the Arlington Apartments were elegant and large. Featuring a spiral staircase, the three-storey building held eight apartments, four with six rooms and a bath and four with three rooms and a bath. Each of the three levels has open covered porches supported by brick piers, and decorative woodwork in the form of multiple brackets and balustrades. The exterior of the building preserves its original appearance, thanks to restoration work done in the early 1990s. The structure still functions as an apartment building.

Arlington Apartments