Skip Navigation
 
Living

Blake Funeral Chapel

200 May Street South
Constructed: 1935
Architect: R.E. Mason

Blake Funeral Chapel Limited has been family owned and operated since 1924. Originally located on the first floor of the Fort William Temple building, it moved to its present location in 1935. The building on the corner of May Street and Donald Street is of brick veneer construction, buff-coloured rug brick with many red hearts, trimmed in white stone around the rounded entrance and windows. The white stone-finished steps are surmounted by two bronze standard lamps that light the engraved bronze nameplates on either side of the door. In 1951 the attached garage was added on the south side of the building. The interior of the chapel itself seats approximately 100 people and is surrounded by French windows that open into the hallways and slumber rooms to provide space for overflow.

Blake Funeral Chapel