Skip Navigation
 
Living

Cuthbertson Block

105 May Street North
Constructed: 1908

This three-storey corner building was constructed in the Classical Revival style common from the 1880s to the 1930s. The upper floors are devoted to office space, while the ground floor is occupied by commercial space on both May Street and Victoria Avenue. The ionic columns are still retained at the main entrance as the style dictates, but the original cornice featuring the classical moulding has been removed in recent years. Also of note, Fort William's first traffic lights were installed at this intersection in 1920.

Cuthbertson Block