Skip Navigation
 
Living

Federal Office Building

130 Syndicate Avenue South
Constructed: 1935
Architect: T. W. Fuller

Once the home of Fort William's Post Office, this building is now occupied by Revenue Canada. The limestone cladding on the facade conceals the brick structure underneath. The stonework features some very ornate carvings, particularly the Canadian emblem located just under the roofline, and the carved archway around the entrance. Two large columns over the entrance and several pilasters to either side give the building an imposing look. The metal frame of the entrance and the clock are both ornately decorated as well. All of the metal work, including the lamps, is bronze, with the exception of the more recent aluminium doors.

Federal Office Building