Skip Navigation
 
Living

Northwestern Ontario Sports Hall of Fame

219 May Street
Constructed: 1916
Architect: Hood & Scott

Built on a symmetrical plan, this building incorporates several elements of public architecture popular at the time of construction. The massive limestone quoins at the corners of the building contrast with the red brick walls. The four pilasters, the arch over the entryway and the mouldings around the windows are all constructed of stone. This building housed the Thunder Bay Museum until 1995. Before that it was the site of the Provincial Land Registry Office.

Northwestern Ontario Sports Hall of Fame