Skip Navigation
 
Living

Saint Stanislaus School

212 Miles Street East
Constructed: 1902
Contractor: Berthiaume

This building is constructed on a simple symmetrical plan, and is made mainly of brick. There is minimal stonework along the bottom of the first storey and in the windowsills. The most striking feature of the building is the central crenellated tower, rising above the arched entrance. Saint Stanislaus was the first separate school building built in Fort William. The first floor accommodated 130 pupils, and the second storey was used as a residence for the teachers. The Lakehead District Catholic School Board offices were located here until 1998.

Saint Stanislaus School