Skip Navigation
 
Living

The Chapple Building

701 Victoria Avenue East
Constructed: 1913
Architect: Carl Wirth

This building was used as the Fort William headquarters of the Grain Commission. The structure housed offices on the third floor, while the first and second floors were rented to the Chapples Company who used the space as a department store. The facade of the building features Classical detailing. Some of the more notable architectural features include large-scale dentils located on the metal projecting cornice as well as brick piers with stone relief capitals creating seven bays. The building has a recessed entrance with Doric columns.

The Chapple Building