Skip Navigation
 
Living

The Roy Block

410 Victoria Avenue
Constructed: 1908
Architects: Stinson & Hood

Now housing commercial businesses on the ground floor and apartments above, the building was designed for John King (who changed his name from Jean Baptiste Roy), a prominent local businessman of Quebec origin. At the time of construction, the building to its left on Victoria Avenue was owned by another businessman named William S. Piper. The unified appearance of the two buildings is an example of "urban cooperation" which greatly improves the appearance of the block. The two buildings are united by a continuous cornice and parapet of similar size and color of stone.

The Roy Block