Skip Navigation
 
Living

Thunder Bay Museum

425 Donald Street East
Constructed: 1912
Architect: Robert Mason

The former police station and court house was acquired by the Thunder Bay Historical Museum Society in 1994.  The Classical Revivalist architecture projects a strength and stability that suits the building's public functions both past and present. The structure has a steel and reinforced concrete frame, and is covered with Milton brick. Limestone is used for the ground floor and the trim. A pair of large un-fluted Corinthian columns rises two stories and dominates the facade, complemented by pilasters, also of Corinthian design. The box-shaped addition on the east side was constructed in the 1950s. The access ramp was added after the building became the Thunder Bay Museum.

Thunder Bay Museum