Skip Navigation
 
Living

Times-Journal Building

115 May Street North
Constructed: 1900

Originally a red-brick building done in the Queen Anne style, this structure has undergone a radical transformation, which replaced the entire facade with a stone commercial design featuring Art Deco motifs. The building has been renovated for use as offices, although the letters "Times-Journal" remain over the doorway and denote its original use as a newspaper office. The modern windows and decorated bronze doors were installed in 1978. This building contained the first power-driven passenger freight elevator to be built in a business block in Fort William.

Times-Journal Building