Skip Navigation
 
Living

Wesley United Church

130 Brodie Street North
Constructed: 1910
Architect: Stinson & Hood

Wesley United Church was preceded by a much smaller structure, Grace Methodist Church, which was built in 1891 and had a capacity of 100 people. This church was predominately paid for by donations from the congregation. The building was soon replaced by the current 1,025 seat sanctuary in 1910. Gothic architectural features dominate the present Wesley United Church, including triplets of lancet windows with cut-stone hood moulding featured on both towers. The construction material consists of contrasting of red brick and cut stone resting on coursed rubble foundation walls. The church has a large stained glass window on the central facade.

Wesley United Church