Skip Navigation
 
Living

C.P.R. Station

440 Syndicate Avenue South
Constructed: 1911
Architect: R.E. Mason

Designed with Renaissance features and constructed of pressed brick and Bedford stone, the "Union Station" was built to serve as joint quarters for the Canadian Pacific Railway (C.P.R.) and the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway (G.T.P.R.), and functioned as the administrative centre for the vast grain handling facilities of the Lakehead. The notable architectural features of the building include an arched entrance with an elaborate transom light. The Station also has projecting end bays with pilasters topped with decorative elements. The decorated piers all complement the symmetrical design of the building.

C. P. R. Station