Skip Navigation
 
Living

John King Residence

400 Archibald Street South
Constructed: 1905

Architect: Thomas Hanley

John King came to Thunder Bay in 1878 and worked as a railroad contractor. Later he became a Fort William City Councillor. This two-and-a-half-storey house created in the Edwardian style is entirely constructed out of Vert Island stone. The main roof is pyramidal, interrupted with dormers of various sizes. Also of significance is the three-storey polygonal tower with a pyramidal roof.

John King Residence