Skip Navigation

Personal Attendant for Leisure Card

A PAL Card application can be completed by the individual applying for a PAL Card, their legal parent/guardian or by a referring agency. The PAL Card is reference based and the two (2) references need to be professionals in the disability community. Some examples of appropriate references are, support workers, doctors, teachers, health professionals, Occupational Therapists, Recreation Therapists, etc.

The length of time it takes to process a PAL Card is dependant on the ability to contact a reference.

You can find a PAL Card Application here: PAL Card Application.  You can also pick one up  at the Canada Games Complex or Victoriaville Civic Centre, Community Services front desk.

If you are approved for a PAL Card, you will then be contacted for a picture. We can also take a picture at the Canada Games Complex or Victoriaville Civic Centre, Community Services front desk.

All Recreation & Culture run programs/facilities accept the PAL Card, as well as several non-City operated facilities and services in Thunder Bay. See the link below for the most up to date Acceptors List.

If you have any questions regarding the PAL Card please contact the following:

Applicants 18 and Under                                             Applicants 19 and Above      
Sarah Smart                                                                   Darrik Smith
Program Supervisor - Children, Youth and JIS              Program Supervisor - Adult Fitness and
807-625-3220                                                                 Wellness                                                 807-684-3338

If you are a user of City Transit and require a support person when riding City Transit, please contact the Transit offices at 684-3744 for information on how to have your support person ride with you for free.