Canada Day 2015
Happy Canada Day 2015!
Celebrate the True North Strong and Free
Prince Arthur's Landing
Wednesday, July 1 from 5:30 to 11:30 pm
A full lineup and schedule of events will be available in early June!
Do you want to make your Canada Day more memorable? Volunteering is the best way to get in on all of the action at Prince Arthur's Landing! Click on the pdf below for a list of volunteer opportunities:
Canada Day Volunteer Positions Adobe PDF, 4 pages, 480 KB
call for talent!
If you are interested in being part of the exciting line-up for Canada Day or other special summer events hosted by the Recreation & Culture Division, download the forms below and submit them to the Community Services Department in Victoriaville Civic Centre (111 Syndicate Ave. S.).
Call for Talent Application Adobe PDF, 3 pages, 68 KB
Performer Bio Adobe PDF, 2 pages, 45 KB
The deadline to submit an application is Friday, April 17 at 4:30 p.m.
call for artisans and community groups
If you are an artist or community group looking to get involved in this special event, please download and submit the appropriate form below:
Call for Artisans Adobe PDF, 3 pages, 54 KB
Deadline: Monday, June 1, 2015
CALL FOR PARADE ENTRIES!
Join the festivities at Marina Park! All community groups, organizations, families and businesses are invited to enter the Colours of Canada in Motion Parade and show their colourful Canadian spirit! The Entry Form is below, including more information on the parade route and what kind of entries are invited:Parade Entry Form Adobe PDF, 6 pages, 480 KB
Deadline: Monday, June 15, 2015
GETTING TO THE SITE
- Water Street will be CLOSED from 9pm to 12am (midnight)
- NO Parking in Marina Park on July 1
- PARK n' RIDE on the FREE shuttle bus to Marina Park (4:30 pm to 12:30 am) from:
- Thunder Bay 55 Plus Centre (700 River Street)
- Intercity Shopping Centre
- Free Parking available in the Court Street Parkade (18 N. Court Street) on July 1
- Thunder Bay Transit is operating on Sunday service schedule. Transit service will run until 12:00 am to accommodate the Canada Day celebrations. View the Transit webpage for bus schedules.
- Accessible Parking: Go over the Marina Park Overpass and turn left into the Park (towards Lake Superior). Parking Permit for Disabled required. Limited space is available.
Water Street will be CLOSED from 9pm to 12am (midnight)
What to Bring
No personal fireworks or alcohol allowed in Marina Park.
Sponsors are welcome to join our 2015 team!
If your company is interested in participating as a sponsor for this memorable day, please call Doug Henry at (807) 625-2487 or email email@example.com .