Canada Day on the Waterfront
Join us on Friday, July 1, 2016, for Canada Day celebrations on the Waterfront!
Programming runs from 5-11 pm, closing with Thunder Bay's biggest fireworks display.
Some of the activities you'll find at Canada Day on the Waterfront in 2016:
- Fantastic performances on four stages - including Mainstage Headliners Poor Angus, featuring local fiddler Andrew Bryan!
- Try canoeing, kayaking or dragon boating with Lakehead Canoe Club and Wilderness Supply Co.
- Drumming Circle with Music Workshop - try hand drumming
- Blue Sky Community Healing Centre will be Lighting the Sacred Fire and leading a Sharing Circle with Pipe Ceremony at the Spirit Garden Firepit, between 6 and 7 pm. All are welcome to participate, come, share and learn!
- Get your geek on with ThunderCon in and around the Baggage Building Arts Centre
- Try activities for kids and teens with City of Thunder Bay Children & Youth Program Staff
- Take a keepsake picture with your friends at the free Photo Booth
- Cool off at the Splash Pad
Please note that Marina Park will be closed to vehicle traffic on Canada Day. We encourage everyone to take the free Thunder Bay Transit shuttles, which will run from Intercity Shopping Centre and the 55+ Centre on River St. down to Marina Park and back.
For more information, visit Thunder Bay Transit's Community & Events page.
be a part of making Canada Day 2016 thunder bay's best celebration
Contact email@example.com for information on volunteer opportunities.
Sponsors are welcome to join our 2016 team
Give your brand a boost - consider our region's most popular and well-attended special events. If your company is interested in participating as a sponsor for our events, please call Ash Young at 625-2487 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.