Canada Day 2014
Happy Canada Day 2014!
Celebrate the True North Strong and Free
Prince Arthur's Landing
Tuesday, July 1 from 5:30 to 11:30 pm
program of activities
Stay tuned for more updates on activities as summer approaches!
- Face Painting
- Balloon making
- Craft Workshops
- Circus Workshops
- Kids Zone with Chippewa Summer Camps and Playgrounds
- Inflatable Play Structures
- Disc Golfing
- Water activities
- Community Performances of Dance, Drums, Theatre and more!
- Photo Booth
- Live Music at 2 stages (Main Stage and Waterfront Plaza Stage)
- Artisans' Markets
- Baggage Building Arts Centre Gift Gallery and Exhibition
- Skateboarding activities with the Thunder Bay Skateboard Coalition
- Youth/teen programming
- Splash Pad fun
- and more activities to come!
Food vendors will be available at various locations throughout the Park serving all your favourite goodies.
Parade - 6:00 - 6:30 pm
Stay tuned for details on the Canada Day parade!
We're here to help you during the event by answering questions and providing you with maps and schedules for the Canada Day Celebration! Two locations; one near the Camelot entrance, and one near the Baggage Building Arts Centre and the Water Garden Pavilion.
Come out and celebrate Canada with a spectacular fireworks display after 11pm - they are guaranteed to make sparks fly!
GETTING TO THE SITE
- Water Street will be CLOSED from 9pm to 12am (midnight)
- NO Parking in Marina Park on July 1
- PARK n' RIDE on the FREE shuttle bus to Marina Park (4:30 pm to 12:30 am) from:
- Thunder Bay 55 Plus Centre (700 River Street)
- Intercity Mall
- Free Parking available in the Court Street Parkade (18 N. Court Street) on July 1
- Thunder Bay Transit is operating on Sunday service schedule. Transit service will run until 12:00 am to accommodate the Canada Day celebrations. View the Transit webpage for bus schedules.
- Accessible Parking: Go over the Marina Park Overpass and turn left into the Park (towards Lake Superior). Parking Permit for Disabled required. Limited space is available.
Water Street will be CLOSED from 9pm to 12am (midnight)
What to Bring
No personal fireworks or alcohol allowed in Marina Park.
Sponsors are welcome to join our 2014 team!
If your company is interested in participating as a sponsor for this memorable day, please call Doug Henry at (807) 625-2487 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .