Waverley Park is the second oldest park in Ontario! It features the Cenotaph and the recently restored Hogarth Fountain. The fountain dates back to 1790 and originated in Hertfordshire, England. It was donated in 1965 in memory of Major-General Donald McDonald Hogarth, by his wife. Hogarth had been a long-time MPP for the Port Arthur riding.
Park improvements including tree planting and the construction of a series of connected walkways are underway as part of a plan to restore Waverley Park to its proper place as one of the cornerstones of the Thunder Bay Parks system.
Season: Year round
Location: Thunder Bay's north end between Algoma Street, Red River Road and Waverley Street
Parks Telephone: (807) 625-2313
Park Bookings: (807) 625-2941
For more information about Waverley Park and its history visit Waverley Park's History.