The Personal Attendant for Leisure (PAL) Card is an identification card, which is issued to a person who has a disability. It allows the support person to enter a recreation facility for free. A support person can be a friend, family member or a paid worker.

Apply for your card

  • Fill out the PAL Card application form, you can also pick up a copy at the Canada Games Complex or the Community Services Front Desk in Victoriaville.
  • Two references from the disability community are needed. They could be a support worker, doctor, nurse, SSP, teacher, health professionals, Occupation Therapist, Recreation Therapist, a staff of an agency (CNIB, Autism Ontario) etc. They cannot be a family member.
  • Email us application and a picture of yourself; or
  • Send your application to our office - see our contact information below.

Who can apply

  • A person with a disability
  • A parent or spouse of someone with a disability
  • An agency can apply on behalf of the person

Getting a picture

  • Once your PAL Card is approved, we will need a picture of you.
  • The picture needs to be a headshot with your face visible on a clean background with no hat or sunglasses.
  • You can email us picture using the contact information below or have a picture taken at the Canada Games Complex or Victoriaville Civic Centre, Community Services front desk.

Where can I use my PAL Card?

The PAL Card is accepted at many recreation facilities in Thunder Bay. These include:

  • All Recreation and Culture programs,
  • Fort William Historical Park,
  • Gyms,
  • Swimming pools,
  • Sports facilities and more!

Temporary PAL Cards

If you are waiting on surgery or if you were in an accident and are recovering, you can get a temporary PAL Card. The expiry dates on temporary PAL Cards are reviewed.

Contact Us

For Adults over 18 years old, please email or call 807-684-3338

For Children and Youth under 18 years old, please email or call 807-626-6565



If you require a PDF in an accessible format, please email our Municipal Accessibility Specialist.

Contact Us