Electronic Meeting Participation during COVID-19

City Council has approved amendments to their Procedural By-law that allow members of the public to participate in electronic meetings. The public can participate by telephone, videoconference or by sending a letter to Council. More information will be made available for each option when requests are received. Deputations must be received by 12:00 p.m. four days prior to the day of the meeting, in accordance with the timeframe in section 5.08(b)(2) of the Procedural By-law.

To submit a Deputation in writing, email cityclerk@thunderbay.ca or complete the Request to Speak Before Council Online Form below.

For more information call 625-2230

Request to Speak Before Council Online Form


Individuals and groups can request to speak to City Council. There are three types of presentations that can be provided:

  • formal recognition of a delegation visiting the City
  • announcement of a City-wide event being sponsored by a community group
  • deputation by an individual or community group on a matter of public interest

Learn what to expect when you make your presentation to Thunder Bay City Council.

Contact Us